Interested in becoming an active volunteer or supporting member of DAWG?
for more information.
- Or join online now!
There are many ways to volunteer!
- clerical/computer work
- assisting with adoption events
- medical transport
- exercising, caring for, and loving the shelter pets!
You do NOT need to be a DAWG member to volunteer at the Douglas County Animal Shelter (DCAS).
However, to work with animals, you must . . .
- be at least 16 years of age
- complete a volunteer application
- attend an instructional orientation at the shelter
The volunteer application is available at the Douglas County Animal Shelter.