Interested in becoming an active volunteer or supporting member of DAWG?
- Contact DAWG for more information: (775) 267-7325.
- Or join online now!
There are many ways to volunteer!
- Assisting with adoption events
- Clerical/computer work
- Exercising, caring for, and loving the shelter pets!
- Feral Cat - TnR
- Grant Writing
- Medical transport
- Website Designer/Support
You do NOT need to be a DAWG member to volunteer at the Douglas County Animal Care and Services (DCACS).
However, to work with animals, you must . . .
- Be at least 16 years of age (under 18 requires parental permission)
- Complete a DCACS volunteer application
- Attend an instructional orientation at the shelter
The volunteer application is available at DCACS.